Giants’ Table & Cottages (bookings essential) www.GiantsTable.com.au
- This Friday: 6-8pm special dinner and movie The Hunter
- This Saturday: 11am-3pm children's tiger hunt
- This Saturday: 6-10pm comedian Kevin Kopfstein, dinner and quiz
- This Sunday: 11am-3pm roast lunch and children’s tiger hunt
Maydena Country Cabins & Alpacas
- This Saturday and Sunday: 10.30am-5pm alpaca feeding, wool spinning, art and craft, thylacine information, tea and coffee available. www.maydenacabins.com.au/
Back to Maydena
- This Saturday: 10am-6pm reunions, wood chopping and more, Maydena RSL Club
Churchill’s Hut Tours
- This Saturday and Sunday: 9-11am, 12-2pm, 3-5pm, $40 per person.
Pick up at Giants Table, Junee Rd. Bookings: 0417 008 422 or www.tassiebound.com.au
Eagles Eyrie Tours
- This Sunday: 10am-3pm Forestry Tasmania Adventure Hub Eagles Eyrie tours $10. Buses depart Maydena Adventure Hub on the hour. Last departure 2pm. Tickets $10 per person return. Bookings recommended, ph 1300 720 507 to book. Cash payments only, no EFTPOS. Please note the Maydena Adventure Hub is closed.
Rail Track Riders
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday: 10am-4pm $25 Adults, $40-$60 Family
Online Access Centre
- This Saturday and Sunday: 10am-4pm historical photos
St Boniface Church
- This Saturday and Sunday: 10am to 2pm local craft displays
- This Saturday and Sunday: Any time - see where iconic scenes were filmed for The Hunter movie. Stand in the footsteps of actor Willem Dafoe and lose yourself in the myth and legend of the Tasmanian tiger. Travelling west from Maydena along Gordon River Rd about 13km past the Florentine Rd turnoff you there is a vehicle pull-off on the northern side of the road, with a "Welcome to the South West Sign". Follow the short path down past the interpretation sign.