Developer Humana Pty Ltd has applied to the Derwent Valley Council to build a 24-hour fast food restaurant and takeaway with a 16-car drive-through. Humana has not specified who will operate the restaurant but most community attention has been focused on McDonald's. The RAID group objects on the following grounds:
- Adverse impact on streetscape and historic character of New Norfolk (directly opposite entrance to Willow Court).
- Noise and air pollution generated by vehicles idling in drive-through bays adjoining heritage-listed buildings and opposite residences.
- Increased litter in surrounding area and wider New Norfolk.
- Lower property values for nearby residents.
- Lack of 24-hour policing in New Norfolk.
- Possible loss of local family businesses.
- Contribution to the "obesity epidemic".
A representative of the RAID group wishes it to be known that the group is not the originator of the Facebook page.